I wanted to do something fun with my children for Valentine’s Day so I decided to make chocolate covered strawberries and heart shape Rice Crispy Treats.
It was so fun and my boys had a good time eating it all! Below are the recipes! Try making it with your children and have FUN with these Valentine’s Day activities!
Making Chocolate Covered strawberries
2 packs of Lindt Milk Chocolate, chopped/broken into squares
1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well)
Break 2 packs of Lindt milk chocolates bars into square piecesMelt in a pot over low heat on the stove, stir frequently until melting. Once chocolate is completely melted and smooth, remove pot from the stove. Line a sheet pan with parchment/waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the strawberries into the milk chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the pot. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 15 minutes. Then refrigerate for 15 mins.
Heart shaped Rice crispy treats
8 cups mini marshmallows divided
6 Tablespoons butter
6 cups crispy rice cereal
Dash of vanilla extract
- Grease a 8 x 8 pan lightly with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and vanilla extract, then stir until melted.
- Remove from heat then gradually pour in Rice Crispy cereal
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press the cereal down evenly. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then use a heart shape cookie cutter to make heart sharp treats.